- Effective Spatial Management: Having a clear idea of the space occupancy via Revit Family with LOD 500, facility managers can effectively plan strategies to use the remaining space in the future. It will assist in preventing “oversizing “- in finding the right pump size (Energy efficiency) It will also help to make optimized and effective use of the space available to incorporate any additional changes/creations in the future.
- Asset Management: With the help of LOD 500, facility managers can get timely asset information required for preventive maintenance to reduce downtime in operations. All the information about building equipment is stored in BIM models which can eliminate months of effort to accurately populate maintenance systems. It also helps to schedule regular maintenance without missing any deadline. Timeous replacement of Equipment -Higher energy efficient will result higher energy savings shortening the Payback period.
- Conservation of Energy: With LOD 500 facility managers can compare various energy alternatives to reduce environmental impact and operating costs. Manage Air leakages ,Minimize pressure drops .
- Smooth Information Flow: assists in the smooth and transparent information flow to all the facility managers which helps in better decision making. With the help of LOD 500 model, the changes done are reflected in real-time giving better analysis to the decision-makers.
- Better Lifecycle Management: With the help of existing material information, it aids the owners to understand the durability along with other important properties thereby giving a brief understanding of the product lifecycle, to help in material selection in the future.
- Increase Customer Satisfaction: Facility management plays an important role in an organization where facility services are a key part of the business such as hospital facilities, public facilities, education facilities, etc. The work of a facility manager can be considered as practices that provide intangible and tangible services. Since customer satisfaction is hugely dependent on the quality of services, it becomes essential for facility managers to take care of all the aspects like physical facilities, equipment involved in providing the service, physical safety, accessibility, reliability & many more.
- Clash Detection Identify, Architectural Mechanical and Structural clashes and generate a clash report of Mechanical/HVAC discipline with other disciplines (Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Sprinklers, and others
- Pipe layout – Easy navigation to ascertain optimal pipe layout (elimination of 90°/Sharp bends etc).Turbulence reduction and correct pipe type
- Computer Fluid Dynamics (CFD)- CFD Modeling for Mine Engineering to determine Mine Related flow problems and Fan optimization
- Operate in the 7D space allowing real time access to operational related metadata for equipment and systems within a project with a click of a mouse in a virtual or augmented reality environment for their customers. The ‘digital twin’ is essentially an operational data enhanced virtual or augmented reality model of the designed facility. All the metadata relating to equipment or systems on a project can be easily accessed in a user-friendly way
Source :www. united-bim.com